Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The child within

Innocent smile
Inquisitive mind
Innate stubbornness

The qualities with which
I was born

--**--

Respecting elders
Helping friends
Daily prayers

From childhood to this date
I am unchanged

--**--

Laughing out loud with people around
Crying alone
Trying to manage everything on my own

Living life
Within a shell

--**--

Nurturing dreams
Toiling to fulfill them
Soaking cheeks if something fails out

Believing more in me
Than the world around

--**--

Doing what I like
Without hurting anyone around
Freedom is all I strive for

--**--

Those young days
When I got what I want
Seem to exist lifelong

--**--

If ever I stumble
I get up, and dust off the knees
So that I can once again run vigorously to reach the post

--**--

No matter how much the world wants me to bow
Failing miserably every time it tries to does so
… As the child within refuses to grow!

--**--

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply awsome...
Rather you spoke my heart out!!!
Keep it up dear... :-)

 
At Tuesday, July 24, 2007, Blogger Amrita said...

thanks a lot for the kind words dear :-)
cheers!

 
At Tuesday, July 24, 2007, Blogger Tushar said...

awesome amu!

 
At Wednesday, July 25, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

That was really good....

 
At Thursday, July 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice attempt..
but seems made up rather than felt.
but a nice attempt nonetheless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home