Monday, May 15, 2006

Meeting Dhruv, Sizzling Brownie Sundae, ON@TCC etcetera...:D


Don’t even dare to guess by the post’s name as to what it is all about :P.
Actually had been to Mumbai last weekend. So it’s mainly about the things I did there!

The prime motive behind the visit was to meet Dhruv. Wondering who’s he? Well...well…one of my most best school friends gave birth to a baby boy. She’s gonna fly back to Japan anytime next month. So had to meet the little one :) . Boy…the kiddo is really very active, very observant and very demanding :P. It’s always nice to become a kid along with smart, naughty little ones.

The second reason to visit South Mumbai is my little cousin. On his demand we went to this restaurant called “Cream Centre”, opposite Girgaon Chowpatty. And what were we supposed to have…Sizzling Brownie Sundae (yummy, right?). I had no idea what to expect…but the name itself was too attractive. So what’s SBS all about --- its all about devouring on “chocolate”… =P~. The waiter brought a sizzling pan with a triangular brownie and a scoop of vanilla placed on the brownie. And what he did next was interesting (when you charge an amount for something you can’t justify, make sure it at least looks grandeur :P) …he poured the chocolate sauce on the vanilla scoop. And it sizzled…well it had roasted almonds in it…bubbles of the hot chocolate fumed the air…fizz!!! It took some time for the whole stuff to come to room temperature and then we indulged into licking, eating and enjoying it :). It’s worth a try…too much cocoa for sure!!! As my cousin commented – “no chocolate is too much chocolate!”

So had a decent weekend. And as far as ON@TCC is concerned…read it on my journey back-and-fro…hope you already guessed it – its “One Night @ The Call Centre”. It made a better read than “Five Point Someone” (aka FPS) – the first book by Chetan Bhagat. Well 3/4th of the book sucked like FPS…but the end was good…call from GOD...interesting :). Maybe this reader likes to read stories that have something more than just entertainment (?!) in them :D.

Etcetera --- that’s for the other mundane things done there!



3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....
Nice new look to your blogpage. Definitely better colors and a lot brighter.

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006, Blogger Ashwyn said...

Hey Amrita, it's Ashwin from MBT (well not from MBT anymore since I quit!).. found you on Orkut and got ur URL from there.. just saying hello!

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006, Blogger Tushar said...

I would say that both the books by Chetan Bhagat made sense to me just because I read them at the right time! I read FPS when I had just graduated and ON@TCC when I was suffering from the office politics...I like his style but I wonder whether I would like to read these books twice:|

 

Post a Comment

<< Home