Friday, June 24, 2005

Don’t!!!

“Don’t stick bills”. (Painted on walls)

“Don’t play cricket over here”. (Painted on boundary wall of a playing ground)

“Sorry No Smoking Please”. (Can been seen at n number of public places)
Sorry – seems the people who wrote this want to express regret or sorrow of curbing someone’s freedom (??) of performing the act (Just for ref: crime is also an act) of smoking
No Smoking – actual instruction (?)
Please – polite request (Really can’t understand why requests should always be polite, why can’t they be straight forward or even blunt.)

Conclusion: To tell a 2 word message, 2 more words are too be written (On second thoughts, isn’t it like start and stop bit, within which the actual data to be transmitted is encoded.)

Above are just a few examples, which show how all the time we are told not to do something. It is amazing that right from our childhood, we are told don’t do this, don’t do that. Hello, will anyone please tell what should be done. Remembering what should not be done is tough!

Wait for a second…pause…wait…don’t look to your right…no, please, don’t look to your right…it might not be good…please don’t look…
[In case you ended up looking to your right, :D ].

It’s strange but I have observed people doing things they are prohibited from. It is human to do so I guess. (When they cannot explain things, they say this, don’t they?) The thing could be as trivial as not going for a party, or could be as critical as not committing some offense.

From what my theory says (I am not an original, I am from the inspired class ;), the surroundings and people inspire me), when the ear listens about something the brain starts thinking about it, that is obvious even I know – but the point I want to convey is following. All the time n number of thoughts keep flashing through the brain. So when some thing new pops up, the brain requires little time to grasp it, understand it and then perform the activity. So when someone says, “No you are diabetic, don’t have Rasmalai (it is a name of sweet)”, the brain is totally active when the word Rasmalai is said…and then…you want to eat it… J).
[Hey you didn’t even hear the word diabetic… :P]

Won’t it be better to say what should be done? Starting with negativity is not acceptable to most of the people. They feel someone is ruling them, trying to control them, taking away their freedom. Everyone has one life to live and they want to live it to the fullest. At least one should be under the impression that he/she is living life on his/her terms. (People tend to believe what they are, is because of their acts and not because of their faith).

It is not easy to change one’s habit…but let’s hope anyone, who tries to do that for a good purpose, is successful.


****************************************************************************
I want to learn everyday
I want to grow everyday
If only you would hold my hand and showed me HOW
I want to live everyday

I know that life isn’t all that beautiful as you said
But that was the time when I was too young to understand
I am in no hurry to reach the destination yet
It’s enough for me that we are together and we met

****************************************************************************




8 Comments:

At Friday, June 24, 2005, Blogger abnegator said...

Cool...I mean coooool..You must, for sure, be observing life and people very closely. It has become your habit and you cant get rid of it :D. Whenever u wud be among people you would always be trying to make observations of their activities/talks/body language.

 
At Monday, June 27, 2005, Blogger Amrita said...

You are right - I observe the surroundings. It comes naturally to me - bachpan se :D.

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2005, Blogger wats the need said...

Wat u say is rite to an extent but not absolutely......well if somebody is explained wat not to do and with the why part then i think the person will be able to control himself/herself to a limit. Say for the diabetic patient, instead of saying dont eat RASMALAI (its really damn tasty anyway), if it is said tat his/her health is going to be affected by eating too much of sweet things because it will lead to hypoglucoma and will lead to unconsciousness or could be fatal but, if the glucose level is noemal in the blood then the person can have some sweets then I think the person will himself/herself take care of the things.....won't u think so????

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2005, Blogger Amrita said...

wats the need - Of everything you said I agree to one thing - Rasmalai is tasty :D
No matter what you or I might think, I have written what I have observed most of the times. Situations I faced and people I have met differ from those any other person might experience.

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005, Blogger abnegator said...

I could make a blog out of this conversation too !!! :D

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005, Blogger Amrita said...

Abnegator - =)) @ ur comment
in case u write a blog, be ready for never-ending comments ;)

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2005, Blogger Calvin said...

hmm.. rasmalai.. yummm ;-)

ohh.. were you saying something else?!

(hehe, just kidding..)

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Blogger KD said...

had jaundice, and the doc says you can have beer anytime in the next six months if you want to die... sob.
An entire bangalore trip minus the goodies that come with it, real depressing.
nice one about the tendency to do what's forbidden, wonder why nobody gets that idea while forbidding though ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home